Entrepreneurship is an important driver of economic development and growth, and a facilitator of empowerment for women around the world. The OECD Recommendation on Gender Equality calls on governments to reduce the gender gap in entrepreneurship activity.
Despite evidence that women tend to have better repayment records than men, they face higher barriers in this regard. These disparities are the result of the complex interaction of factors, including the way private equity works, the way financial institutions operate, and the behavior of women themselves. Women tend not to be strongly entrenched within the relevant investor networks. Lacking exposure to the world of private equity, women tend to structure their projects differently from men, which may itself affect their ability to attract capital. Men and women also have different styles in “pitching” for funds. Women too often lack the knowledge and confidence to ask for large enough sums and to negotiate well on terms.
Over the past decade, women-owned enterprises have increased from 14% to 20%, as per government sources. In continuation to our commitment towards encouraging and nurturing more women to take the entrepreneurial route and to support them with the best able mentors from across the country, we are delighted to present you the 6th Edition of Women Power Summit & Awards 2021, (1st Edition of WPSA 2021 Awards this year) a unique one Day Conference and a Gala Awards Ceremony with an objective of bringing women thought leaders under one roof, to share their expertise and innovations, and create a collaborative environment as well as build a stronger community.
Women Power Summit & Awards 2021 aims to understand and address the day-to-day problems faced by women who are looking forward to a career as a successful entrepreneur. It also acts as a platform to celebrate excellence in various fields by women entrepreneurs who have made a significant mark thereby recognizing their contribution to the entrepreneurship ecosystem through 40+ different awards categories and sectors across the industry spectrum. The Awards are distinctly curated in honor of exemplary contribution and in an effort to celebrate excellence and recognize thought-leadership thereby setting a benchmark through a stringent process of selection by the elite jury committee ensuring transparency and fair-play.
Key highlights of Women Power Summit & Awards 2021, Mumbai:
1. Interact, Network and Engage with more than 200+ Women Entrepreneurs, Leaders & Change Makers.
2. 30 Dedicated Awards Categories exclusively for "Women Entrepreneurs / Women founded / Co-founded Startups".
3. 10 Dedicated Awards Categories exclusively for the Startup Ecosystem Players in the Country.
4. Fireside Chat: The Centre of Attraction: Government support and policies for women entrepreneurship!
5. Panel Discussions and case study presentations revolving around the Women entrepreneurial growth ecosystem!
and many more....
1. Ms. Shweta Shalini – Chief Evangelist, Billennium Divas, ED-VSTF, (Awards Jury Chairperson).
2. Ms. Nabomita Mazumdar – Founder, Nabomita.com, 100 Women Achiever Awardee.
3. Ms. Rajashri Rajashekhar - Founder, Poornam Foundation.
4. Rtn. Alpa Shah - Social Entrepreneur, Author & Finance Expert.
5. Mr. Ajay Thakur – Head, BSE SME & Startups.
6. Mr. Mahavir Pratap Sharma – Chair, TiE Angel Network, Chairman & Co-Founder – Rajasthan Angels.
7. Mr. Pankaj Mittal – CEO, Digizen Consulting / Angel Investor.
Who Should Attend: -
1. Women Entrepreneurs, Women Founded / Co-Founded Startups.
2. Aspiring & Rising Women Entrepreneurs.
3. Community Builders, Story Platforms and ecosystem enablers.
4. Incubators, Accelerators, e-cells of Colleges / Universities.
5. Women Angel Investors, Venture Capital Firms.
6. Technology Players, Ecosystem Enablers and Co-working spaces.
7. Corporates and State Government impact creators.
8. Mentors, Influencers, Innovators, Impact creators and social entrepreneurs.
9. Digital Marketing, PR & Advertising, Consultants, L&D, Recruitment & HR professional.
10. Women Entrepreneurs / women led / co-founded Startups in other sectors not listed in above Women Power Summit & Awards 2021 categories.
Deadline for Nomination: 25th March 2021 @ 7:00 PM IST.
Announcement of Top 3 Winners in each Category: 25th April 2021.
Conference & Gala Awards Ceremony: Saturday, 08th May 2021, 5:30 PM onwards.
To apply for the Women Power Summit & Awards 2021 - https://register.billenniumdivas.fund
For Awards Nominations process and Supporting Document Submission - https://youtu.be/tl5YPMGOtBg
To engage as speaker / partner / sponsor, contact +919820436076.
Company :-Billennium Divas Pvt. Ltd.
User :- Women Power Summit & Awards 2021