Singapore, August 9, 2022 -- Asia Blockchain Association has unveiled the first batch of their leadership team (protem) at the Web3 Con. 2022 - the first Metaverse-themed conference on July 28th at Zouk Singapore, organised by Asia's leading blockchain accelerator, AsiaTokenFund Group, and partners Morpheus Labs, Block Tides, AC Capital, and Reactify, all leading web3 players in Asia and the US.
Morpheus Labs is also the organizer for a hackathon which is being touted as the highlight feature of the Singapore Blockchain Week.
The conference has been a great success with prominent brands including Huawei, Binance, Chainalysis, Kucoin Labs, ChainUp, GEMS, Sleep Future, Anotoys Collectiverse, PLAYGROUND and hosts a stellar panel of judges and speakers from Hong Leong Finance, Sistic, Huawei Cloud, BANSEA, Phillip Capital and 5IRE.
To mark the occasion, the leadership of Asia Blockchain Association was announced at Web3 Con. The protem leadership appointment is part of a rigorous and comprehensive evaluation of capability and proven contribution by qualified individuals.
Panel Of Advisors:
- Mr. David Rhoades: Global Marketing Lead - Elevandi, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Mr. Ivan Lew: Chief Executive Officer, Shaw Investment
Protem Board Members:
- Mr. Goh Seh Harn: Co-Founder and Investor - Trigger Capital
- Mr. Anthony Koh: Co-Founder - Trigger Capital
- Mr. Lim Soon Ying: Founder - Web3re Technologies
- Mr. Jay Koh: Founder - Singapore Blockchain Club
Commenting on the announcement, both panel advisors said:
“It’s great to see the big players, startups and fresh ideas all coming together to learn, share and celebrate blockchain. The future looks bright.”- David Rhoades
“I am honoured by the appointment as an advisor to the ABA. We are placed in a unique position to have our Asia office headquartered in Singapore, allowing us to expand into the region with ease, help and lead fellow Asian countries to better our lives, understand and forward the knowledge of Blockchain. I am from a family office and we mainly do brick and mortar businesses for our returns of investment. There are so many opportunities to help us better understand this business for our future investments.” - Mr. Ivan Lew
Another protem board member, Mr. Goh Seh Harn who chairs the Corporate Affairs function said, "ABA with its HQ in Singapore is set up to grow internationally with chapters from all over the world to provide its members with international access to regulators and private markets. It will become an essential platform for blockchain and web3 projects to scale."
“Today marks the first step and a significant milestone for ABA. ABA belongs to both Web2 and Web3 exploring the Blockchain’s ecosystem to Create, Connect and Collaborate,” said Mr. Anthony Koh whose scope of work includes Membership and also Partnerships.
Mr. Lim Soon Ying, chair of Philanthropy remarked, “I am pleased to note that all quarters of the crypto and blockchain community have shown genuine interest in the idea of pushing the boundaries of how the blockchain and crypto community can come together for socially impactful causes and harness technology to enhance the speed, transparency and accountability whilst doing good.”
Additionally Mr. Jay Koh who is in charge of Events portfolio remarked, “ABA will help to connect intercountry to form a better ecosystem through different events that we are going to partner and support. Looking forward to this Asian blockchain growth.”
Other contributing personnel includes:
Founding Members :
- Mr. Mike Chiam : Lawyer - PD Legal LLC Advocates & Solicitors
- Mr. Travis Ye : Institutional Sales - Blockchain.com
- Mr. Kishor M : Founder and CEO - CrowdFundJunction
- Mr. Samuel Lee : Business Development & Sales, Investments, Advisory
- Mr. Ferris Francis : Co-Founder - Cryptobengz
- Dr. Manal Rifki : Research and Development Project Manager - MIMOS Berhad
- Ms. Arabella Kim : Digital Lead for Web3 DeFi NFT - Munich Reinsurance Group
- Mr. Marouen Zelleg : Strategic Director - ConsenSys
- Ms. Janet Lee : Chief Executive Officer - Venture Capital Network
Leading boutique Web3 and Blockchain PR agency yourPRstrategist has also announced support for the new Asia Blockchain Association and comes onboard as a strategic partner of the organization.
After the 1st batch protem leadership announcement, the 2nd batch will be announced in the last week of August. The team formation timeline is as follows:
- Nomination Window (July 28 - Sept 9)
- Voting Call (Sept 10-11)
- Result Announcement (Sept 12)
- Official Naming (Sept 26-27)
For more information, please visit:
Website : http://www.asiablockchainassociation.org
Social Media : https://www.linkedin.com/company/asiablockchainassociation
For media queries, please contact:
Secretariat | Asia Blockchain Association
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
User :- Cecilia Wong