Elcomsoft Explorer for WhatsApp 2.70 is a maintenance release update, resolving multiple small compatibility issues with WhatsApp backups in Apple iCloud, iCloud Drive and Google Accounts. For iCloud and iCloud Drive downloads, the tool gains the ability to use one-time codes delivered via an SMS or generated offline from the device Settings app. In addition, the processing time of encrypted iTunes backups is cut 4 to 5 times.
Enhanced Support for iCloud Accounts with Two-Factor Authentication
With more users protecting their Apple accounts with two-factor authentication, enhanced support for 2FA-enabled accounts becomes utterly important. Previous versions of Elcomsoft Explorer for WhatsApp only supported one-time codes that were pushed to the device by the server. This limited the ability to generate 2FA codes without making the device connect to the Internet, introducing unwanted security risks when performing forensic investigations.
The new release can pass Two-Factor Authentication checks by using one-time codes delivered as a text message to the user's SIM card as well as offline codes generated on the device from the Settings app. Users of Elcomsoft Explorer for WhatsApp 2.70 will only have to pass Two-Factor Authentication checks once per account.
- iCloud: improved Two-Factor Authentication support now enables the use of one-time codes delivered via an SMS or generated offline from the device Settings app. In this release, Two-Factor Authentication is only required once.
- iCloud Drive: new authentication tokens are supported to enable the downloading of WhatsApp backups from iCloud Drive. New authentication tokens are produced by recent versions of the iCloud app in Windows and macOS.
- iTunes backups: improved decryption speed 4 to 5 times.
- Google Account: resolved authentication problems with some specific Google accounts (with Two-Factor Authentication enabled).
- User Manual: the user manual is now delivered in printable PDF format instead of CHM.
Learn more about Elcomsoft eXplorer for WhatsApp at https://www.elcomsoft.com/exwa.html
Company :-ElcomSoft Co. Ltd.
User :- Vladimir Katalov
Url :- http://www.elcomsoft.com