December, 13, 2021: The Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU), Israel is now inviting applications for M.Sc. in Life Sciences for the Spring 2022 session.
The program is led by BGU’s department of Life Sciences and Faulty of Natural Sciences. The course enables students in tackling questions related to protein science, microbiology, development, physiology, neurobiology, genomics, structural biology, ecology and other fields.
Research at the Department of Life Sciences relies on a wide variety of experimental systems, including bacteria, archaea, yeast, plants, insects, fish and other forms of marine life, rodents, and mammals, to unravel the mystery of life at the gene, protein, cell, system and organism levels. With a team of investigators conducting cutting edge research in numerous realms of modern biology, the department aims to help provide solutions to problems related to the molecular basis of disease, cellular architecture, aging, life in extremes and wildlife conservation.
The M.Sc. program offers a Thesis (research) track and requires two years of full-time study. Outstanding students may join the combined M.Sc.-Ph.D. track during the 2nd year of their M.Sc. studies.
Applications now being accepted for Spring 2022
Spring semester dates: February 27 th, 2022- June 24th, 2022
Application deadline: Rolling admission
· A B.Sc. degree in Life sciences, or an equivalent that is relevant to the specific research field selected, from an accredited university.
· B.Sc. Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 83/ 100.
· Two letters of recommendation from faculty members; one of which should be from the potential advisor.
· A TOEFL score of at least 85/120 or the equivalent score in an internationally recognized English proficiency exam is required. The English proficiency requirement is waived for applicants who received their B.Sc. degree in a program taught in English.
· Prior to applying to the M.Sc. program, the international applicant is advised to contact a potential advisor from the Department. In order to assist you in finding an advisor, please visit Scholars@BGU
Tuition: Tuition is approximately $ 5,000 (US) per year.
Scholarship: Outstanding students may be eligible for scholarships, which cover tuition fees and provide living expenses.
How to Apply: Complete the online application form here and submit all the supporting documentation: https://bgu4u.bgu.ac.il/pls/scwp/!app.gate?app=reg&f=1&d=2&lang=en
About Ben-Gurion University of the Negev:
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU) is the fastest growing research university in Israel. With 20,000 students, 4,000 staff and faculty members, and three campuses in Beer-Sheva, Sde Boker and Eilat, BGU is an agent of change, fulfilling the vision of David Ben-Gurion, Israel’s legendary first prime minister, who envisaged the future of Israel emerging from the Negev. The University is at the heart of Beer-Sheva's transformation into an innovation district, where leading multinational corporations and start-ups eagerly leverage BGU’s expertise to generate innovative R&D.
BGU effects change, locally, regionally, and internationally. With faculties in Engineering Sciences; Health Sciences; Natural Sciences; Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Management; and Desert Studies, the University is a recognized national and global leader in many fields, actively encouraging multi-disciplinary collaborations with government and industry, and nurturing entrepreneurship and innovation in all its forms.
BGU is also a university with a conscience, active both on the frontiers of science and in the community. Over a third of our students participate in one of the world's most developed community action programs.
Company :-Good Relations India
User :- Uday Singh