Interim Inc. recognizes the importance of Mental Wellness Month in January 2021, and is dedicating the month for promoting overall mental wellness.
Salinas, CA, December 21, 2020 — Interim Inc. recognizes the importance of Mental Wellness Month in January 2021, and is dedicating the month for promoting overall mental wellness.
Mental wellness is about how all aspects of your life — the social, emotional, physical, spiritual and intellectual — all come together for an overall state of well-being.
Mental health and wellness affect all aspects of our lives. It helps determine how we act, feel, and think, and it affects our ability to handle stress, connect to other people, and to make decisions. Thus it’s important to improve our mental awareness in any way we can, some can be as simple as laughing or having a positive attitude.
Here are some tips that can help everyone improve their mental wellness:
1. Develop a positive attitude — people with positive attitudes are happier, more successful, and better able to handle crises and stress. And in concert with a positive attitude, get an attitude of gratitude for what you have instead of dwelling on what you don’t.
2. Avoid negative self-talk — Learn to be thankful for the good rather than focusing on the negative issues.
3. View a crisis situation as an opportunity — creative problem-solving can expand your options. Try to make a list of good things that could result from the problem you’re having to solve.
4. Laugh — Humor is a great stress-reducer. Studies indicate laughter can make you healthier.
5. Exercise — Regular exercise increases energy and releases brain biochemicals to ward off depression and anxiety. Just a 15-minute walk a day will help keep body and soul together.
6. Improve your diet — During times of stress, you tend to skip meals or eat junk food. A diet rich in fruit, vegetables, and fiber will help you maintain the physical and mental stress you need to deal with the situation.
7. Get enough rest — sleep disturbances are common during stress.
8. Ask for help if you feel overwhelmed. Help can be just a phone call away.
For more information go to https://www.americanmentalwellness.org/ or to interiminc.org.
About Interim, Inc.
Interim, Inc. is a private nonprofit organization that provides a unique combination of support services, housing and treatment for adults with mental illness in Monterey County. Services provided include affordable supportive housing, residential treatment, mental health and dual-recovery services, case coordination, therapeutic services, outreach and intensive support for homeless adults, supported education and employment, day treatment and peer support.
P.O. Box 3222
Monterey, CA 93942
Marci Bracco Cain
The Buzz PR LLC
Company :-The Buzz PR LLC
User :- Marci Bracco Cain
Url :- http://www.interiminc.org