On June 27th, Yeast of Eden will host a Negroni Competition for Imbibe Magazine’s Negroni Week, June 24th to June 30th.
Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA, June 19, 2019 - On June 27th, Yeast of Eden will host a Negroni Competition for Imbibe Magazine’s Negroni Week, June 24th to June 30th. A portion of the ticket sales will be donated to the Surfrider Foundation as part of the Negroni Week charitable initiative.
The friendly competition will be sponsored by Campari, and feature 5 local bartenders each mixing two cocktails, one of which will be their variation on the classic. The ticketed event will take place on the Yeast of Eden patio from 6 - 9 pm, and $20 gets you entry, tastings of all competitors’ negroni cocktails and passed appetizers.
Tickets can be purchased on Eventbrite. Here is the link to imbed:
Negroni Week competition at Yeast Of Eden (Here is the browser link:
For the competitors/judges:
Negroni Competition Sponsored by Campari and Imbibe Magazine’s Negroni Week
When: Thursday, June 27th
Where: Yeast Of Eden, Carmel Plaza, Carmel-By-The-Sea Time: 6PM – 9PM
Prizes: Industry Swag, Refuge Passes, Alvarado Street Beer, Fernet Branca Bike, more to be announced the day of competition
Emcee: Aaron Shields
Judges: Kelly Waters (Campari USA), Chef Chris Vacca (Pacific’s Edge at Highlands Inn), Jane Hurley (83 Proof, San Francisco)
Competitors: Joshua Perry (Cultura, Nick & Nora), Alice South (Hula’s Island Grill), Bijan Emadi (Jennini Kitchen + Wine Bar), Kelly Kuhn (Alvarado Street Brewery), Cesar Osuna (Montrio Bistro)
Tickets: $20 which includes light appetizers on the patio plus tastes of all the cocktails involved.
1st Round: Original cocktail using Campari or Aperol. No restrictions on style or presentation. Judgement weighted on the following criteria: Originality (weighted 25%), Balance/Overall Flavor (25%), Presentation (25%), Technique (20%), Best/Funniest/Most Clever Cocktail Name (5%). Only one cocktail per competitor needs to be produced for the judges. Approximately sixty 1oz samples will need to be provided for the spectators.
2nd Round: Best Negroni or Negroni Variant based on the following criteria: Originality (weighted 25%), Balance/Overall Flavor (25%), Technique (20%), Presentation (15%), Use of Campari brands (10%), Use of traditional Negroni ingredients (5%). Only one cocktail per competitor needs to be produced for the judges. Approximately sixty 1oz samples will need to be provided for the spectators.
In case of a 1st place tie in either round, a speed round of two cocktails will be declared. All competitors involved in the tie breaker will be given two classic cocktails and judged based on time and quality of the cocktails. These cocktails will only need to be made for the judges and only one of each will need to be produced by each competitor. Any additional glassware or ingredients for the tie-breaker will be provided by Yeast Of Eden.
A winner for each round will be awarded as well as an Overall Champion for the combination of the scores from each round. Prizes will be awarded to each of the individual round winners with the grand prize going to the Overall Champion.
• Campari will provide any ingredients that are part of the Campari portfolio. See below for a full list of approximately 50 applicable brands. It is highly encouraged to use Campari products as this will help keep your costs down and a small portion of the judges weighting is based on the use of Campari brands. www.campariamerica.com
• Additional alcoholic ingredients will be provided by Yeast Of Eden, up to $50 (wholesale) per competitor as long as drink recipes are submitted by the submission deadline.
• Individually infused spirits, individually made bitters, tinctures, syrups and any other modifiers not available to be purchased as-is from a vendor or distributor must be provided by the competitor.
• Common fruit, herbs and vegetables for garnishes and juices will be provided by Yeast Of Eden. This includes but is not limited to oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruits, mint, black cherries, olives, etc. If other fruit, herbs and vegetable components are needed and readily available, the restaurant will review the competitors needs and will let the competitor know if it is possible to procure these items for the individual. If it is not within reason to provide said products, it will be the responsibility of the competitor to supply them themselves.
• Basic glassware will be provided for the judges cocktails. This includes: 7oz rocks buckets, 12oz rocks buckets, collins glasses, coupes, Nick & Noras, pint glasses and white and red wine glasses. Any other glassware will need to be provided by the competitor for the judges cocktails. Small taster glasses for the spectators will be provided by Yeast Of Eden.
• Basic ice for shaking and chilling will be provided by Yeast Of Eden. Shaved, crushed or any specialized ice will need to be provided by the competitor. A small manual ice crusher can be provided by the restaurant for the competitors.
• Competitors should bring their own shakers, beakers, spoons, strainers, etc. Ice scoops, mats and towels will be provided by Yeast Of Eden.
• The competitors will have 30 minutes before the competition begins to prep their station and ingredients/garnishes, if needed.
• Cocktail recipes with exact proportions stated in oz and/or ml should be submitted to Adam Ono at firstname.lastname@example.org by 6/21 so that any additional products may be obtained in time for the competition.
Marci Bracco Cain
Salinas, CA 93901
Company :-Chatterbox PR