A lot of methods are available to recover or reset Windows password. The famous Ophcrack is used to reset or change Windows password.but it is worthy to mention that the big disadvantage of ophcrack is the large ISO file. We need to download a file of size 500MB to recover Windows password.
Except that, there is also a plenty of shareware which can help us reset Windows password by a bootble DVD/CD or USB driver. As those Windows password recovery software with a small ISO image file, you can save a lot of time and space to download such program. But the problem is you need operate in Dos environment, which is more suitable for PC experts.
So I thought why not we simply reset or remove the password using a 23 MB file Windows Password Unlocker. The friendly and intuitive interface of this Windows password recovery tool makes it easy to use, even for a novice.
Now download Windows Password Unlocker and you can remove or reset Windows password in the blink of an eye.
Before starting, please prepare a blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive and a computer with CD driver.(Here we take USB flash drive for reference.)
Only 3 steps can help you reset the lost Windows password:
- Step 1: Burn a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive
- Step 2: BIOS setting
- Step 3: Reset Windows password
Step 1. Burn a CD/DVD to remove windows password
1. Download and install Windows Password Unlocker Professional in any available computer, and then start the Windows password recovery tool.
2. Insert a USB flash drive to computer, and then select your target USB flash drive and click the Burn button to start burning an ISO image file to the USB flash drive.
3. Click OK when the burning task is completed.
4. And now the USB flash drive is burned and you can use it to remove your lost Windows password.
Step 2: Set BIOS of your computer to boot from CD ROM or USB Flash Drive
If your computer boots from Windows, you can change the setting and make the computer boot from CD ROM first.
2. Use the arrow keys to select the Boot tab, and then select Boot Device Priority and press Enter.
3. Choose 1st boot device to USB, and then press F10 to save settings. And the computer will restart with the changed settings automatically.
Step 3 . Remove the forgotten/lost Windows password
1. Insert the burned USB flash drive into the locked computer. After the computer booted from the burned USB, you can see the interface of Windows Password Unlocker. All the user names will be displayed, and the passwords show unknown or empty.
Unknown means you have a password for the user name, maybe you lost it.
Empty means you do not have a password for the user name, you can log on with the account without password.
Select one account which you want to reset its password, and then click Reset button.
2. Click Yes to confirm and continue your operation.
3. Click OK when the password of the selected account is successfully removed. And now you can log on your computer without password.