Tel-Aviv, Israel - Mobbo has sifted through the technology stack of 3.1 million apps, analyzing over 1,000 SDK components to calculate the Mobile Advertising Power Index, which reveals the key players in the mobile advertising market.
As with preceding editions, The Mobbo Power Index offers app publishers and marketers insightful benchmarks of mobile app SDK components, helping them to make informed decisions about the best technology stacks. The new report sheds light on the scale and performance of popular SDK components and tracks the movers and shakers in the mobile industry.
The Index offers a global look at the best performing mobile media sources, covering:
- Operating systems (Android and iOS)
- Regions: North America; Asia-Pacific (APAC); Europe; Latin America
- Measurement of Scale, Retention, Quality and Growth.
"We're excited to release the latest edition of The Mobbo Power Index," said Ofir Krisspel, CEO of Mobbo. "To improve and ultimately perfect an app, developers need to select the right SDKs – Software Development Kits. However, in today's marketplace app developers are literally inundated with SDK choices, making it difficult to choose the best ones. As the leading SDK intelligence data provider, we are in a unique position to offer an in-depth look with valuable information for app marketers in their quest to pinpoint the best SDKs to integrate with, as well as for service providers in the mobile app economy who want to understand the competitive landscape in their field. The new Index reveals industry changes and new players in the always-evolving app landscape."
A few key findings from the latest edition of the research include:
- 78% of "Top Overall" ranked apps on Android and 55% on iOS, have implemented at least one In App Advertising SDK, which seems to become a must-have component of any mobile app monetization stack.
- Android apps are more aggressive with ads, 63.4% of Android apps (non-games) contain ads, versus 25.4% on iOS, over X2.5 difference.
- Google Continues to dominate: Admob (by Google) maintains its position as the top in app advertising SDK in Q4 2016 and dominates with 83% Share Of Voice on Android, and 78% share, on iOS globally, followed by Chartboost with 25% and 35%, and Facebook with 24% and 6.5%, respectively.
- Chartboost and Applovin Scale on gaming apps, While Admob share is slowly declining in that category.
- Facebook scales in non-game mobile Apps second only to Admob by Google, and is likely to become a serious rival, with an impressive growth rate.
- Cheetah Mobile leads the Growth rate chart with a whopping 122.72% Growth during Q4, delivering unrivaled scale and impressive retention on Android, followed by Avocarrot with 81.96% and Supersonic (by Ironsource) with 79.45%.
Mobbo measures the mobile world and offers powerful data driven market research tools, providing insights to help publishers, investors, marketers and analysts across the world make more informed decisions, and succeed in the global app economy.
For more information and to download The Mobbo Power Index, go to: https://mobbo.com/whitepaper-monetization/