· Two Hearts, One Policy - Joint Coverage for Couples, A “Good Thinking” Proposition
· Policy Offers Coverage Against 19 Mild, Moderate & Severe Cardiovascular Conditions
February 14, 2017, Mumbai: Aviva Life Insurance, one of India’s prominent life insurance companies, on the occasion of Valentine’s Day, a festival that celebrates love, have launched India’s first ever heart insurance plan for couples – ‘Aviva Heart Care.’ The policy provides coverage against 19 mild, moderate and severe cardiovascular conditions, and procedures and allows lump sum payout irrespective of the cost of treatment.
‘Aviva Heart Care’ – two hearts, one policy - joint coverage for couples is India’s only health insurance plan dedicated to the heart, which covers both you and your spouse. The product allows the insured to cover himself and the spouse in the same policy at a nominal extra premium. ‘Aviva Heart Care’ also has options to restore policy benefits, once the basic sum assured is exhausted for severe category conditions. This comprehensive heart care plan fills the gap that exists today.
Anjali Malhotra, Chief Customer, Marketing & Digital Officer, Aviva Life Insurance said, “For the country that has gained fame as the cardio-vascular ailments capital of the world, India did not have a single heart disease dedicated plan. So we launched Aviva Heart Care, the first ever dedicated heart-plan for couples. It urges couples to make a commitment to secure their hearts together. People often depend on mediclaim or critical illness plans, but these may not be enough. This plan is the answer to all these problems.”
Indians are prone to heart ailments due to multiple factors including genetics, unhealthy diet, sedentary lifestyle, stress etc. making it the cardio vascular disease (CVD) capital of the world. Customer research indicated that people are not adequately covered under a mediclaim policy, and also that 78% of hospitalisation expenses are out of pocket.
Aviva Brand Ambassador, Sachin Tendulkar reaffirming the need for such a product said, “As a sportsman, I have always emphasised the need for fitness and believe that a healthy heart is key to a happy life. A policy like Aviva Heart Care will ensure that families pledge to their mutual health goals. I believe it is truly “Good Thinking” to insure both hearts that are so critical to keep the family together.”
Key Benefits of Aviva Heart Care plan:
· Comprehensive coverage against 19 cardiovascular conditions
· Benefit paid over & above mediclaim
· Multiple claims allowed basis severity
· Coverage for self & spouse with double the coverage for severe category conditions
· Option to double the coverage for major conditions on exhaustion of initial sum assured
· Couple policy WE comes at an incremental cost basis age, term & sum assured for spouse
bout Aviva India:
· Aviva India is a joint venture between Dabur Invest Corp (DIC) and Aviva International holdings Limited (AIH) - a UK based insurance group, whose association with India dates back to 1834. DIC holds 51% of the share capital while AIH holds 49% of the share capital.
· Aviva in India has 121 branches and over 10,000 FPA’s.
· Aviva India’s CSR program ‘Street to School’ focuses on empowering underprivileged children through education.