Mercedes-Benz, the country’s largest luxury car maker redefined luxury open top motoring once again, by launching two fascinating products without a predecessor in India, the C-Class Cabriolet and the S-Class Cabriolet. The S-Class Cabriolet is the first from Mercedes-Benz since 1971 and creates an unsurpassable benchmark with its unmatched style, craftsmanship, innovation and luxury. Mercedes-Benz also introduced in India the first ever cabriolet from the C-Class family, thereby extending its range of cabriolets with new levels of exclusivity, comfort and performance in India’s luxury car segment. Mercedes-Benz India hosts the largest portfolio of SUVs, performance cars and now, convertibles. These two stunning cabriolets were launched by Roland Folger, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India and will be available across Mercedes-Benz dealerships across the country.
Roland Folger, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented, “The introduction of C-Class and S-Class Cabriolets in India is an illustration of our ‘top of pyramid’ strategy of bringing in the best of our products from the global portfolio for our distinguished Indian customers. Globally, the C-Class Cabriolet is the first ever cabriolet to be made on the C-Class platform by Mercedes-Benz. The S-Class Cabriolet is the first cabriolet introduced by the brand since 1971 and also happens to be the first cabriolet based on our flagship S-Class to make its way to India. We are very pleased to offer these two novel products which never had a predecessor in India and we are confident of a strong market response.”
Mr. Folger further added, “Today, Mercedes-Benz is synonymous with luxury mobility, and we remain the number one brand of choice for a luxury car buyer. These are our 10th and 11th new product introductions this year and we are extremely satisfied with the way our product strategy has worked and delivered positive customer response. The launch of the cabriolets yet again helps us in cementing our position in the niche dream car segment and offers two new products which are unrivalled. This year, we have already introduced a diverse range of products across segments, which has fascinated our customers and pushed our growth story further. We are confident of maintaining this momentum amidst dynamic market challenges.” The C-Class Cabriolet
DYNAMIC SELECT allows the driver to choose their desired setting: sporty, comfortable or fuel-efficient. To this end, the driver can select one of five transmission modes using the DYNAMIC SELECT switch: “ECO”, “Comfort”, “Sport”, “Sport Plus” and “Individual”.
9G-TRONIC Automatic Transmission: Featuring nine forward gears, this automatic transmission takes efficiency, comfort and dynamics to a completely new level. Even faster gear changes and smoother gear shifting make it an enticing proposition. At the same time, the 9G-TRONIC helps to reduce fuel consumption.Expressive Exteriors:
The sporty, racy design of the two-door Cabriolet impresses with a dynamic sense of stylish confidence. Two-section LED tail lights and pronounced shoulders emphasize the sporty rear end. The equally sporty and striking front section and the dynamically designed radiator trim with diamond radiator grille are surrounded by large air intakes and chrome trim on the bumper. The multilayer, tautly stretched soft top with new seam pattern underscores the high-quality of the vehicle when the top is closed. The rear bumper with diffuser, two visible tailpipe trim elements and horizontal chrome trim ensure a sporty finish to the look. The C-Class Cabriolet comes with 43.2 cm (17-inch) 5-Twin-Spoke Light-Alloy Wheels painted in Himalaya Grey as standardFeatures of the soft top:
* Fully automatic operation via the switch in the centre console up to a vehicle speed of 50 km/h | Opening procedure takes only approx. 20 seconds
* The optional fabric acoustic soft top version ensures the lowest noise level and excellent thermal insulation in this segment
* Fully automatic car wash-proof, dirt-repellent and weather-resistant
* Available soft top colours: black, and in conjunction with the optional acoustic soft top in the colours black, dark blue, dark brown and dark red Insinuating Interiors
The occupants enjoy an ambience that, while based on the interior of the C-Class Saloon, offers a fresh interpretation with typical cabriolet features. The C-Class Cabriolet features upholstery in leather, a leather multifunction steering wheel, open pore brown ash wood trim with longitudinal grained aluminum design and integrated analogue clock in the centre console along with the folding rear seat backrests that round off the high-quality equipment level.
Memory Function for Driver Seat & Passenger Seat
The electrically adjustable driver's seat enables convenient and individual adjustment of the seat position and head restraint. Adjustment is carried out via ergonomic switches on the door control panel. The settings can be stored for up to three people and recalled again at any time.
Key Features of the Interior Design: Cabriolet seats featuring an integral look with upholstery in different leather appointments
* 3-spoke multifunction steering wheel in black leather with 12 multifunction buttons
* Instrument cluster with 13.97 cm (5.5-inch) multifunction display
* Split-folding rear seat backrests
* Automatic belt feeder for driver and front passenger as standard
* Door and rear side paneling sections flow smoothly into each other and underscore the sporty character
* Exclusive look and pleasant feel, for example with large areas of trim on the centre console, soft, high-quality coverings as well as controls and trim in silver chrome
Comfort and Convenience
The occupants enjoy an ambience that, offers a fresh interpretation with typical cabriolet features. Especially high-grade materials and build quality give the interior a modern feel of sportiness and lifestyle. Interior Lightning in different colouring creates a comfort appeal. Intuitive operation with animations and visual effects is offered by the infotainment system.Key interior features
* Ambient lighting: Climb in and feel at home – with its pleasant, indirect light, the ambient lighting creates a unique sense of well-being throughout the
* entire interior. Three different colours and five dimming levels are available for the desired lighting mood
* AIRCAP: When the soft top is down, AIRCAP reduces turbulence in the interior, for passengers in the rear as well. When the AIRCAP switch is pressed, a wind louvre on the windscreen pops up and the draught-stop positioned behind the rear head restraints is extended upwards
* The THERMATIC automatic climate control with 2 climate zones offers individual climate comfort settings for driver and front passenger. The temperature can be regulated separately for each side. The air is automatically cooled or heated in each case depending on the selected setting
* Audio 20 Multimedia System with Touchpad and GARMIN Map Pilot
* Burmester® Surround Sound System: 13 high-performance speakers precisely tailored to the vehicle interior to ensure well-balanced and dynamic music reproduction. 9-channel DSP amplifier with a total output power of 590 W for maximum sound quality with high volume reserves. Frontbass technology with woofers integrated into the body shell for vibrant bass reproduction. Sound optimisation for the front and rear seats Safety and Driving Assistance
Parking Package: The package includes Active Parking Assist PARKTRONIC, in conjunction with the standard Reversing Camera
PRE-SAFE® System: The system is able to recognise critical driving situations as they develop, and initiate preventive occupant protection measures if an accident threatens. These include e.g. reversible belt tensioning or automatic closing of open side windows
LED Intelligent Light System automatically adapts to the lighting and driving conditions. In addition to the striking look, LED technology features greater luminosity while producing fewer glares
AGILITY CONTROL suspension with selective damping system and lowering - This suspension with a selective passive damping system combines well-balanced ride comfort with sporty looks. The lower centre of
gravity ensures outstanding handling stability and roadholding on any road surface, especially when cornering The S-Class Cabriolet
9G-TRONIC Automatic Transmission: Featuring nine forward gears, this automatic transmission takes efficiency, comfort and dynamics to a completely new level. Even faster gear changes and smoother gear shifting make it an enticing proposition. At the same time, the 9G-TRONIC helps to reduce fuel consumption.
AIRMATIC Suspension: The S-Class Cabriolet is fitted as standard with the AIRMATIC air suspension system including continuously variable damping control. The 4-link front axle impresses with a high level of driving comfort and precise wheel control. The systematic lightweight construction of the Cabriolet enables a reduction in weight.
The design of the two-door Cabriolet impresses with a sense of dynamic expressiveness. Flat LED tail lights and the chrome trim which runs above them serve to emphasize the width of the rear end. The striking front section with diamond radiator grille is surrounded by large air intakes and a chrome trim element on the bumper.Features of the soft top:
Finely tailored soft top. Retraction in approximately 17 secs!
Three layers, including rich fabric in any of four colors, are impeccably crafted to impart coupe like comfort, sleekness and outward views when raised
Touch a button and the top whisks into hiding in fewer than 20 seconds
You can even continue lowering the top in motion, up to 50 km/h. An electric divider automatically partitions the trunk Immersive Interiors:
The interior of the S-Class Cabriolet boasts a sporty, luxurious design language, fine materials and maximum high-class appeal. For maximum individualization, the designo exclusive nappa leather is offered in 6 different color options.Exclusive Package – The Pleasure of Excellence - designo
The stylishly coordinated combination of high-quality appointments meets the highest expectations with regards to comfort, quality and design. Generous use of exclusive nappa leather and large areas of wood trim enhance the exclusivity of the interior. The effect is heightened by other fine details such as the illuminated door sill panels with "Mercedes-Benz" lettering, the stainless-steel boot sill and the designo headlining, which are trimmed in elegant DINAMICA microfiber.
To make every S-Class Cabriolet truly unique in India, Mercedes-Benz India offers more than 13,000 possible customization combinations to ensure no two S-Cabriolets in India are similar. Within a span of 1 year of designo launch, the S-Cabriolet becomes the 8th product addition to the exotic designo platform with extensive customization options.
Designo options at a glance
* Every S Cabriolet in India to be unique with more than 13k possible customization combinations
* 3, 19” alloy design options | 9 paint options | 4 roof colour options | 6 upholstery options | designo customization feature option 1: Night View Assist Plus | designo customization option 2: Swarovski crystals LED headlamps with ILS | designo customization option 3: Seat comfort package with massaging function | designo customization option 4: Climatised front seats with seat cooling and heating options Key Design Features of the Exclusive Package
* Seats in designo nappa leather with contrasting topstitching with diamond design
* Center armrests and front and rear armrests in nappa leather with contrasting topstitching
* Upper part of dashboard in nappa leather with contrasting topstitching
* Door center panels in nappa leather with topstitching
* Designo headlining in DINAMICA microfiber
* Parcel shelf in ARTICO man-made leather
* Illuminated door sill panels with "Mercedes-Benz" lettering
* Map pockets on the backrests of the driver and front passenger seats in nappa leather
* Designo velour floor mats
* LED Intelligent Light System with Swarovski Crystals: Swarovski crystal-crowned head lights emitting an emotional appeal of luxury and exclusivity, paired with the Night View Assist Plus ensure a clear view and reinforce the prestigious image of the Three Pointed Star.
Comfort, Convenience and Infotainment
The vehicle interior can be fragranced to suit personal preference with the AIR-BALANCE package. In addition, the air quality can be improved by ionisation and optimised filtering of the incoming and recirculating air. Fragrance generator in the glove compartment is changeable by exchanging the fragrance flask and Oxygen ionisation for improving air quality and reducing viruses, bacteria or spores.Key Interior features
* AIRCAP: When the soft top is down, AIRCAP reduces turbulence in the interior, for passengers in the rear as well. Comfortable cabriolet enjoyment thanks to the AIRCAP® automatic draught stop system and a fully automatic fabric top, which can be opened in only 17 seconds! When the AIRCAP switch is pressed, a wind louvre on the windscreen pops up and the draught-stop positioned behind the rear head restraints is extended upwards. It reduces turbulence in the interior when the soft top is down, for rear passengers as well
* THERMOTRONIC Automatic Climate Control: The automatic climate control system with 2 climate zones and 3 climate modes provides an individual feel-good climate on board. Driver and front passenger can control temperature and air quantity/distribution independently and adjust the temperature in the front foot wells in five stages.
* Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC with 360° Camera: The system automatically steers the vehicle into parallel and end-on parking spaces and leaving parallel spaces, relieving the driver of the work of steering and braking. All this is in addition to the complete 360° camera based surround view of the car for perfect parking.
* Head-Up Display: Key driver information at a glance, without the driver having to take their eyes off the road the head-up display projects a virtual image measuring. Presentation of information in high-resolution and in color, making it clearly legible even on sunny days and at night.
* COMMAND Online with Touchpad: Navigation, telephone, audio, video, internet – with the COMAND Online control and display system the driver is able to keep these and many other functions in view and under control.
* Information is shown in high resolution and in color on the 31.2-cm media display.
* Burmester High-end 3D Surround Sound System: The optional surround sound system by Burmester with 23 specially designed speakers, 24 amplifier channels and a total system output of 1520 watts, as well as technologies developed exclusively for the vehicle, ensure an expressive and intriguing 3D sound – the Burmester® "feel-good sound".
* Seat Comfort Package: Multiple massage options integrated in the front seats, accompanied by automated climatisation lead the way to pleasant and relaxing travelling, no matter the distance. Thanks to their inflatable air chambers, the active multi-contour seats with ENERGIZING massage function and dynamic function ensure the best possible seating comfort and outstanding lateral support.
* LED Intelligent Light System with Swarovski Crystals: Swarovski crystal-crowned head lights emitting an emotional appeal of luxury and exclusivity, paired with the Night View Assist Plus ensure a clear view and reinforce the prestigious image of the three pointed star. The turn indicator with 30 Swarovski crystals sheds light to the eye-catching lines of the headlamps. 17 crystals shine resplendent in the daytime running lamps immediately below. A Swarovski crystal on the front center console adds a touch of sparkle to the interior.
* Night View Assist Plus: Only 20% of road traffic is at night-time, but 40% of all fatal accidents occur during this period. This system enables drivers to detect pedestrians or larger animals sooner in the dark. As standard, the night view image only appears if pedestrians or larger animals are recognized in the dark on unlit roads at speeds exceeding 60 km/h
* PRE-SAFE® System: The system is able to recognize critical driving situations as they develop, and initiate preventive occupant protection measures if an accident threatens. These include e.g. reversible belt tensioning or automatic closing of open side windows.