When you cannot get your trunk open or lost your car key somewhere then you hope inside your heart that you might be able to open the trunk without the keys. If your car is already unlocked then you can easily open the doors and gain access to the trunk area from inside your vehicle. This is the option to try before opening the trunk from outside.
All cars comes in different designs, so typically the key that opens your car can also open your trunk but this is not the case in every car, though the fastest solution is calling a reliable locksmith. You can try out these steps to unlock your trunk of the car when you donít have a key:
1. Glide the hook end by using a thin stick between the window on the passenger side and the trim at the bottom of the window near the door handle. Keeping trying it until you are able to insert it completely in the door.
2. Now move it and feel around with the stick for the lock rod which connects the handle of the door with the locking mechanism. Most of the time is located near the handle of the door. Move it around until you finally hook the rod. As soon as you will hook the rod the sooner you will be able to unlock it.
3. Now pull on the rod with stick with a pressure. Keep listening for the click sound and the door will be unlocked.
4. As soon you unlock it then get in the driverís seat and pull the trunk release from bottom to get the trunk open.
5. If your trunk release is broken, then get in the back seat and find the seat release lever. Wrench this lever and fold the seats all the way down. Now you can now get in your trunk from your vehicle side easily.
6. Find the trunk safety release lever inside your trunk. It may be situated near the front or the back of the trunk, though it depends on vehicle. This lever is designed to stop you from being unintentionally locked in your own trunk. After pulling the lever the trunk will open.